Many people who want to register for IJMB and they are looking for the IJMB requirements and credentials need to apply for IJMB. And how IJMB works for students who want to use it to gain admission into 200L.
Well, below are what IJMB required and those things currently not required by the IJMB registration, you will be able to know how IJMB works with its requirement for registration
- 4 passports
- Ordinary Level result (O’level result)
- Awaiting O’level result is also acceptable
- And your time ( IJMB is a full-time program, and no you cannot write the Exam alone without attending lectures
- Inform your parents as they must give their blessings
- WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB are accepted into the programme
- Maximum of two sittings with 5 credits
- Medicine students should be aware that most universities will not accept two sittings for Medicine and Surgery at the university
What IJMB Does Not Requires
- You do not need a written letter from your parents, their awareness and blessings are enough and of course, be able to sponsor you
- You do not need a state of origin certificate ( You need it when you want to gain admission into the university
- You do not need your pastor/Iman’s approval
- You do not need JAMB score/JAMB is not necessary
- You do not need Post UTME Score to gain admission to run IJMB, of course, you will need it when you want to gain admission
- IJMB does not require a birth certificate ( you might need it in some universities when you want to gain admission
How IJMB Works
IJMB is a one-year intensive program to be used to gain admission. Almost 90% of Nigerian universities accept 200L and to study any course.
With IJMB you do not need JAMB or write one unless if you want to use it to leverage other D.E students.
Leverage means you register for IJMB the same year you register for JAMB. If JAMB fails you, you fall back to IJMB, if JAMB pass you can decide to leave your IJMB studies and proceed to accept your JAMB admission.
Some other things to consider as a person who is interested in the IJMB programme
- You can decide to register for JAMB while you are also registering for IJMB or doing the programme
- You buy D.E form the same year you are writing your examination, with the current JAMB calendar, you do not wait till you write your IJMB exam before you buy the D.E but buying it anytime is out the same year you are writing the examination.
For example, if I am writing the final IJMB examination in 2021 February, and the JAMB D.E form is out by January 2021, I won’t need to wait till after the exam to write it, it might be too late then which might costly.
- JAMB has frowned with practices of applying with D.E and at the same time registering for JAMB. So while is not advisable, if you must do, apply using a different email, different course and different institution.
Does IJMB Requires NIN
Yes, from the IJMB 2022 registration, IJMB now requires NIN, at the point where you will register for the IJMB exam (6 months into the program, your National Identity Number card must be ready.
But while registering currently, you do not need National Identity Number – NIN to register but when your centre is ready to submit your name. Then NIN will be required.
Do Not start your IJMB if don’t have the registration fee and have informed your parents as your data is automatically deleted within 24 hours if you do not complete the registration and pay for your registration fee.
Check the IJMB registration form closing date for the IJMB ongoing IJMB registration
The above are the requirements for the IJMB and please take note.